Paleo Breakfast: Healthy Breakfast Recipes

 

Paleo Breakfast: Healthy Breakfast Recipes

 

I whipped up a batch of Chai Spice Coconut Flour Donuts for my family on the weekend. They were a big hit – they ate them all in one sitting! These donuts are sweetened only with coconut sugar, giving them a delicious coconut flavor and making them a healthier alternative to regular donuts.

 

I started with some chia seeds and water, then mixed these until they were friendly and gel-like. I added the wet ingredients (coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract) to my dry ingredients (chai spice mix, almond flour, arrowroot powder), mixing everything as I went. I added some baking powder and baking soda before folding in the chia seed mixture by hand to make sure it wasn't lumpy. I baked these in donut pans for about 20 minutes, and they turned out beautifully!

 

I want to point out that my recipe makes 12 donuts.

 

For this recipe, I wanted to keep the flavors of a traditional muffin with a healthy twist. For that reason, I used pureed sweet potatoes and applesauce instead of oil or butter.

 

The chia seeds give these muffins a nice texture, and it's easy to create any flavor you want by adding in whatever spices you like. My favorite combination for my Dirty Chai Paleo Muffins is cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper, cloves on top and cocoa powder on the bottom. This combination creates an earthy and spicy flavor that is amazing with the sweet potato puree in this recipe!

 

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes

 

Ingredients:

-1 tbsp. of coconut oil, to fry the pancakes in

-2 eggs

-1 cup almond milk

-1 tbsp. lemon zest

-3 tbsp. lemon juice (fresh)

-1 tsp. vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla powder/vanilla sugar, whichever you have available without it being artificial sweetener

 

 

Yorumlar